I’m a therapist who believes that encouraging a trusting, non-judgmental therapeutic relationship is the foundation for any real work to move forward, and to develop positive change for you.
I offer a free initial telephone call which will help us to assess what your needs are and whether I’m the best suited counsellor for you. You can then decide whether you would like to arrange further counselling sessions with me.
Thereafter at your first appointment, we can agree whether your requirements will be short or long term, or open ended. We will have regular reviews to ensure that your therapy process is effective. Some people find that three to six sessions are helpful, whereas others might benefit from longer term therapy.
As well as currently offering online therapy, I work in a confidential, safe and comfortable environment where it can help you to feel at ease to talk and to explore issues, which may include the following:-
- Struggling with depression or general anxiety disorder. Having unwanted thoughts or past traumatic memories, or panic attacks. Problems with your relationship/s, or family conflicts. Do you feel that you are struggling to communicate effectively? Constantly feeling sad, tearful, or upset.
- Are you feeling in a stuck place in your life, with your job, your decisions, and your goals?
- Do other people expect too much of you? Are you lacking in self-confidence? Are you finding it hard to cope? Feeling stressed, or angry, or confused?
- Have you lost a loved one?
- Are you feeling trapped or not being treated with respect?
These and other difficulties can be common in today’s climate and often you can move forward with the help of friends and family. But sometimes it can be wiser and more effective to seek the help of a professional therapist. Together we will find ways to help you solve your problems, to think differently and clearly, and to restore your wellbeing and mental health.
(Please note that I am currently seeing clients face to face with the government safety guidelines in place; equally If you don’t feel ready for face to face contact, I am also trained to work using telephone therapy sessions, online therapy or using Zoom or face-time, etc. whatever you are comfortable with).
Please note that the youngest age I can work with is 17 years
Initial assessment appointment: £35.00 (1 hour)
Further appointments: £45.00 (1 hour)
(Fees and concessions can be discussed at your initial appointment)
For further information on how I work, please see my profile on https://www.counselling-direcroty.org.uk/counsellors/gill-gwalchmai